The industry’s essential Travel Law Seminar.
With the new Package Travel Regulations around the corner and the uncertainties of Brexit, it is essential that travel businesses and their legal specialists stay up to date with the new regulatory landscape. Staying one step ahead will allow you to react and adapt quickly to these changes.
Since 1999 ABTA’s annual Travel Law Seminar has helped to guide travel businesses through uncertain times, providing a comprehensive regulatory update and the most informed forum for discussion and debate.
The delegate package includes a subscription to ABTA’s biannual Travel Law Today publication including the latest news and updates on a range of subjects covered at the Travel Law Seminar and affecting all travel businesses over the next twelve months.
CPD points: The Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board accredit Travel Law Seminar. Delegates can claim an equivalent of up to five hours CPD points per day.
The full programme will be announced shortly.
During the two-day event, delegates will hear from travel law specialists focusing on:
- Britain outside the EU - what does Brexit mean for travel and tourism?
- Package Travel Regulations - the impact on your business.
- Managing 21st Century risks - the changing face of safety and risk management in travel.
- PRMs, disability and gastric illness - dealing with customer claims.
- Your terms and conditions - protecting yourself and your customers.
- Employment law update - changes affecting travel businesses.
- Data protection - preparing for the 2018 changes.
- Future development of TOMS.
- The essential regulatory update including credit and debit card charges and international sanctions.
- The essential case law update - travel company cases from the last 12 months.
Speakers confirmed to date include:
Moderator: Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
Debbie Vann, Partner, asblaw
David Bennett, VAT & TOMS Consultant, Elman Wall Bennett Ltd
Rhys Griffiths, Partner, Fieldfisher
Philip Torbol, founding Partner of K&L Gates Brussels
Julian Ward, Partner, Hamlins
Alex Padfield, Managing Director, Hextalls Ltd
Maria Pittordis, Head of Marine, Trade and Energy, Hill Dickinson
Christopher Smith, Associate, Holman Fenwick Willan LLP
Andy Cooper, Head of Regulation, Compliance and Resilience, Jet2holidays
Claire Mulligan, Head of Travel and Partner, Kennedys Law LLP
Claire Ingleby, Director, MB Law
Stephen Mason, Senior Partner, Travlaw LLP
Michael Gwilliam, Partner, Plexus Law
Sarah Prager, Barrister, 1 Chancery Lane
Further speakers to be announced shortly.
This seminar is ideal for owners and/or directors, as well as team members that have responsibility for legal matters within their businesses.
ABTA Members/ABTA Partner rates:
- Full two-day rate – £385 plus VAT
- One-day rate – £265 plus VAT
- Full two-day rate – £599 plus VAT
- One-day rate – £399 plus VAT
Please note: to complete your registration for this event you will require a credit or debit card for payment.
Attendees can choose to book both days at a reduced rate or just one day if you wish to focus on a particular area.
NatWest has supported the travel sector for the last 30 years. This year we are continuing our partnership with ABTA as proud sponsors of the Travel Law Seminar.
By working closely with important industry bodies such as ABTA, we are able to get a good understanding of the challenges faced by the tourism sector.
We have over 90 dedicated relationship managers across the UK specialising in leisure and hospitality. They have all the local knowledge of your sector across branded, franchise and independent businesses. Our team will work with you to understand your business and help you reach your ambitions.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3117 0548 or email@example.com.
NatWest, The Auditorium, 280 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4RB
View in Google Maps