From October to December 2016, ABTA welcomed 18 new Members, with 10 trading as Principals, five trading as Dual Members, and three retail Members. Additionally, seven new Partners joined the association.
Among the new Members were ski, adventure and responsible travel companies. The following companies became Members of ABTA between 1 October and 31 December 2016:
- Ski 2 Ltd, ABTA Number Y6390, Principal, joined, 06/10/2016
- Sploor Ltd, ABTA Number Y6391/P7055, Dual, joined, 07/10/2016
- AmaWaterways (UK) Transport Ltd, ABTA Number Y6394, Principal, joined, 14/10/2016
- AmaWaterways Limited, ABTA Number Y6393, Principal, joined, 14/10/2016
- London Travel Agency Ltd, ABTA Number Y6398/P7066, Dual, joined, 28/10/2016
- Seawake Ltd, ABTA Number Y6400, Principal, joined, 08/11/2016
- Golden Goose Travel Ltd, ABTA Number Y6402/P7072, Dual, joined, 16/11/2016
- The Tignes Chalet Company Ltd, ABTA Number Y6403, Principal, joined, 17/11/2016
- TG (Europe) Ltd, ABTA Number Y6404/P7074, Dual, joined, 18/11/2016
- Alternative Escapes Ltd, ABTA Number P7076, Retail, joined, 23/11/2016
- Hebridean Island Cruises Ltd, ABTA Number Y6406, Principal, joined, 05/12/2016
- BRAVONEXT S.A., ABTA Number Y6407, Principal, joined, 07/12/2016
- Caribbean Biking Company Ltd, ABTA Number Y6409, Principal, joined, 13/12/2016
- Elite Travel Group Ltd, ABTA Number, K5520, Retail, joined, 13/12/2016
- Zip Air Ltd, ABTA Number Y6410/P7082, Dual, joined, 14/12/2016
- Destinology Ltd, ABTA Number Y6411, Principal, joined, 19/12/2016
- Railbookers UK Trading Ltd, ABTA Number Y6401, Principal, joined, 20/12/2016
- Responsibletravel.com Ltd, ABTA Number P7085, Retail, joined, 22/12/2016
Additionally, 20 managed branches joined ABTA.
The following companies became Partners of ABTA:
- London South Bank University, ABTA Partner Number TIP641, joined, 04/10/2016
- 2 Circles Communications Limited, ABTA Partner Number TIP642, joined, 10/10/2016
- Purple Parking Ltd, ABTA Partner Number TIP643, joined, 11/10/2016
- Wentworth Surety Ltd, ABTA Partner Number TIP644, joined, 21/11/2016
- Drum Cussac Group Ltd, ABTA Partner Number TIP645, joined, 29/11/2016
- Dropbox UK Online Ltd, ABTA Partner Number TIP646, joined, 13/12/2016
- Accord Marketing Ltd, ABTA Partner Number TIP647, joined, 16/12/2016
Mark Tanzer, ABTA Chief Executive said, “It is great to see these new Members and Partners join us in the last quarter of 2016 and we look forward to working with them throughout the coming year. I would encourage them to take full advantage of the range of support and benefits that ABTA offers its Members and Partners including our 24-hour operational bulletins, legal support and guidance notes, as well as use of the ABTA logo, which is recognised by 73% of people.”
Responsible Travel has now sold over £100 million worth of holidays and is growing 22% year on year. Tim Williamson, Director of Marketing and Content said: “Responsible Travel continues to grow at an accelerated pace with business nearly 30% up in December. Having served on the ABTA board myself and previously worked at TUI, I have seen how important the ABTA brand’s attributes of trust and reassurance really are to growing companies.
“We are also keen to support the great work that Nikki White and her Destinations and Sustainability Team does at ABTA in helping to make travel and tourism a more caring and thoughtful industry.”
ABTA Managed branches are operated on behalf of an ABTA Member by another company or individuals, who have entered into a managed branch agreement with an ABTA Member and conduct business on behalf of that Member. The Member is responsible for the customers, turnover and liabilities to customers of the managed branch. The operator of the managed branch does not require ABTA membership in its own right – the managed branch receives a branch ABTA number by virtue of the Member’s Membership. There are now over 470 Managed Branches within ABTA Membership with retail agents and tour operators participating.