This practical one-day seminar is tailored for the travel industry and will help to ensure businesses are prepared for an exceptional operational or crisis situation.
Recent events such as terrorist attacks and natural disasters mean crisis management is high on the travel industry’s agenda. Handling a crisis badly can damage a company’s reputation, whereas a well-handled crisis can have a positive impact on business. It has never been more important to have a plan in place to cover any crisis situation.
Tailored for the travel industry, this introductory seminar provides practical guidance for companies who are beginning to prepare and implement their crisis plans. Delegates will learn how to implement and improve crisis plans, what their legal responsibilities are and how to ensure their insurance is robust.
Attend to hear from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and to understand how ABTA supports its Members. Delegates will also hear how an ABTA Member prepares for a crisis and the lessons they’ve learnt whilst putting together and implementing their crisis plan.
- Moderator: Nikki White, Director of Destinations and Sustainability, ABTA
- James Challis, Field Operations and Welfare Manager, Saga
- David Sharp, Head, Operations and Innovation, Crisis Management Department, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ben Elliott, Deputy Head of Operations and Innovation, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Angela Hills, Senior Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Claire Mulligan, Partner, Kennedys
- Sean Tipton, Media Relations Manager, ABTA
- Heather Pennock, Destinations Manager – Health, Safety, Crisis & Operations, ABTA
- Kevin Tasker, Partner, CCP
Additional speakers will be confirmed in due course.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £225 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £345 plus VAT
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member, click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or email@example.com.
View our commercial opportunities brochure here.
30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ
View in Google Maps