With the global cost of fraud to the travel industry expected to reach $25 billion by 2020* and 70% of all fraud now cyber enabled**, it has never been more important to safeguard your business and customers against cyber crime and fraudulent activities.
ABTA's Cyber Security and Fraud in Travel seminar will help you develop a strong awareness of cyber enabled fraud and provide you with the practical steps you can take to protect your business. Hear from leading industry experts and fraud officials, as to how best respond to a cyber-breach and protect your reputation during the time of crisis.
To ensure confidence in the industry the onus is now on travel businesses to help customers protect themselves online. Equip your customers with the knowledge to prevent fraud and get expert advice on how to communicate this message.
*eNett, It Pays to Know, Research by Edgar, Dunn & Company
- Moderator: John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Detective Sergeant Gary Brown, Business Stakeholder Manager, National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre, City of London Police
- Barry Gooch, Chairman, PROFiT (Prevention of Fraud in Travel)
- Richard Simpson, Governance and Compliance Manager – Travel, The Midcounties Co-operative
- Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Victoria Bacon, Director of Brand and Business Development, ABTA
- Rose Mascarenhas, Counter-terrorism and Compliance Officer, Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation
- Louise Marshall, Head of Operations, Strategy and International Engagement, Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation
- Paul Nunn, Operations Director, Advantage Travel Partnership
- Daniel Guthrie, Director, Luther Pendragon
- Clarissa Coleman, Partner, K&L Gates
- Andrew Little, Head of Partnerships & Public Policy, Get Safe Online
- Andy Bugby, Lead Underwriter – Financial Risks, RSA on behalf of James Hallam Travel and Tour and Touchstone Underwriting Limited
- Matthew Boddy, Engineer, Sophos
- Jim Steven, Head of Data Breach Services, Experian
- Representative, National Cyber Security Centre
A full list of speakers will be announced shortly.
This event is relevant for travel professionals responsible for anti-fraud, financial protection and other teams, including:
- Directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Operations and communication teams
- Financial services and protection
- Data protection officers
- IT and information security teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £225 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £345 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place
Book five places and get the fifth place free
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Why James Hallam Travel & Tour?
- Over 40 years specialising in the travel world
- Trusted by more than 500 UK travel businesses
- Endorsed by ABTA as their exclusive Partner
- Innovative, thoughtful and market leading policy coverage
- Financial strength of Insurers
- Dedicated claims service
- We love the world of travel
For more information or advice please contact Vito Sepe on:
Touchstone Underwriting specialise in protecting travel business against the unexpected. We offer a full range of insurance cover including Combined Liability, Combined Office and Cyber, All Risks Crime and Management Liability cover. We would be delighted to hear from your insurance broker about your insurance needs.
Sophos makes IT security simple with next-generation solutions that protect networks, servers, and devices, wherever they are. Today, more than 100 million users in 150 countries and a global network of channel partners trust Sophos to deliver simple solutions to complex security challenges. Focused on innovation and backed by a global network of SophosLabs threat intelligence centers and industry-leading support, Sophos delivers solutions that are simple to deploy, maintain, and manage, enabling organizations to focus on performance and growth. Sophos — Security made simple.
Experian Data Breach Response Services
Helping businesses to prepare, respond and reassure in the event of data breach. A rapidly changing data breach landscape in the UK means organisations readiness is key to the successful notification and remediation of those individuals who have been personally affected. With evolving threats and new EU General Data Protection Regulation it has never been more important for organisations to be well prepared. www.experian.co.uk/databreach
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – Experian empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. The information services company help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ
View in Google Maps