There is a compelling business case for ensuring your business is offering responsible travel products and services. Customers expect to be able to purchase mainstream responsible travel products from businesses who are making a conscious effort to protect local communities and environments within destinations.
Sustainable travel has been gathering momentum. The 2017 International Year of Sustainable Tourism concluded with a roadmap for sustainable tourism to 2030, tourism protests have highlighted the risks of overtourism, and the Blue Planet TV series increased public awareness about the impact of plastics on the environment. The Modern Slavery Act has also moved human rights up the corporate the agenda.
ABTA’s second annual seminar offers practical and innovative guidance on how to implement sustainable approaches across your travel business. Address the key risks to your supply chain, including child protection and human rights, environmental management and animal welfare. Understand how to work with your suppliers to ensure that local communities benefit from, and are enhanced by, tourism.
- Moderator: Nikki White, Director of Destinations and Sustainability, ABTA
- Rochelle Turner, Director of Research, WTTC
- Jamie Sweeting, President, Planeterra Foundation, Vice President for Social Enterprise, G Adventures
- Steph Millington, Europe & Morocco Regional Product Manager, Intrepid Group
- Ian Corbett, Sustainable Business Manager, TUI UK
- Megan Devenish, Responsible Tourism Manager, Exodus
- Vince Flower, Director, Shearings
- Mike Deegan, Fleet Director, Noble Caledonia
- Daniel Turner, Director, Animondial
- Clare Jenkinson, Senior Sustainability Manager, ABTA
Additional speakers will be announced in due course.
This seminar is for travel agents, tour operators, hotels, airlines, cruise providers and the wider travel and tourism industry who have a part to play in making travel more sustainable, including:
- Directors and senior management teams
- Product teams
- CSR, sustainability and responsible tourism teams
- Operations teams
- Sales and marketing teams
- Procurement, finance and legal teams
- Communications and public relations teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £225 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £345 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view our commercial opportunities brochure click here.