What do the new Package Travel Regulations mean for your travel agency business?
Now that the new Package Travel Regulations have been published, the travel industry has a tight deadline to implement the changes by July. This seminar will help you to understand what the regulations mean for your business, what steps you need to take and how your liabilities will change.
This practical one-day training seminar is specifically designed for travel agencies, including ABTA Members and non-Members from the wider travel community.
Millions of holidays will now fall under the new Package Travel Regulations. As a travel agent, you may be taking on some of the same responsibilities as traditional package holiday organisers and facing the same liabilities.
Take away practical guidance on how to get your systems ready, take stock of your existing business models, and consider what approach you will be taking as we move into the post-July landscape.
ABTA will provide a range of support on the new PTRs for Members and Partners including free-to-attend regional meetings, an updated version of its 12 step guide to the Package Travel Regulations and two conference calls in May. For further information, please visit the Memberzone. This seminar is recommended for those travel agencies that would like more in-depth and practical support.
View the agenda
- Moderator: Simon Bunce, Director of Legal Affairs, ABTA
- Robert Scott, European Consumer Policy, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Paula Macfarlane, Senior Solicitor, ABTA
- John de Vial, Director of Financial Protection and Financial Services, ABTA
- Matt Gatenby, Partner, Travlaw
- Stephen Mason, Senior Partner, Travlaw
- Stuart Burt, Director at Touchstone Underwriting Ltd, James Hallam Travel and Tour in conjunction with Touchstone Underwriting Ltd
- Vito Sepe, Senior Account Director, James Hallam Travel and Tour
- Richard Simpson, Governance & Compliance Manager – Travel, The Midcounties Co-operative
Additional speakers will be announced in due course.
This seminar is designed specifically for travel agents and non-ABTA Members including:
- Directors, CEO's and senior managers
- Legal and compliance teams
- Product teams
- Operations teams.
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £195 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £245 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
ABTA Partner+ Travlaw LLP are 100% committed to serving the travel and leisure industry – from tour operators and travel agents to airlines, hotel groups, event management companies and their insurers. We pride ourselves on being one of the top travel law firms in the UK. We are a large, experienced team of highly professional yet approachable lawyers who are tried and tested specialists in advising.
Why James Hallam Travel & Tour?;
- Over 40 years specialising in the travel world
- Trusted by more than 500 UK travel businesses
- Endorsed by ABTA as their exclusive Partner
- Innovative, thoughtful and market leading policy coverage
- Financial strength of Insurers
- Dedicated claims service
- We love the world of travel
For more information or advice please contact Vito Sepe t: 01923 298435:: m: 07929 754132 : e: email@example.com
Maple House, 150 Corporation Street, Birmingham, B4 6TB
View in Google Maps