Are you getting your share of the UK holiday market?
Domestic and inbound tourism present a tangible business opportunity.
The UK travel market is seeing real growth with global, social and economic factors resulting in a record high for inbound tourism, and an increase in domestic tourism and staycations. ABTA research* shows that 72% of Brits took a holiday in the UK, an average of 2.1 UK holidays per person. 23% booked a package holiday. Spend on domestic travel increased by 5.8% in 2017. All types of domestic holiday, from short breaks to 7+ night staycations also show an increase.
This practical one-day event will increase your understanding of key trends in the UK holiday market so that you can improve your product offering and marketing to customers. Look at ways to embrace new product trends, reach hot destinations and attract new markets including inbound and the youth market. Learn how wider UK tourism stakeholders and partners can work together to capitalise on the growth and deliver better holidays. Get the latest update on key legislation affecting the UK holiday market including the accessibility requirements and the Package Travel Regulations.
View the agenda
*ABTA Holiday Habits report 2017
- Moderator: Jane Atkins, Managing Director, Shearings Holidays and Chair, UKTLG
- Carol Dray, Commercial Director, Visit Britain
- Nick Brooks-Sykes, Vice-Chairman, Tourism Alliance and Director of Tourism, Marketing Manchester
- Raymond Veal, CEO, Tourism for All UK
- Richard Calvert, CEO, Shearings
- Bernard Donoghue, Director, Association of Leading Visitor Attractions
- Mark McVay, Chairman, UKInbound
- David Taylor, Digital Director, Accord
- Deirdre Wells, Chief Executive, Visit Kent
- Tony Sophoclides, Strategic Affairs Director, UK Hospitality
- Luke Petherbridge, Senior Public Affairs Manager, ABTA
- Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Arts, Heritage and Tourism (invited)
- Representative from Super Break
- Representative from Rail Delivery Group
Additional speakers will be announced in due course.
Those working for UK tour operators, travel agencies, and in the UK tourism industry:
- Domestic and inbound teams
- Product, sales and marketing teams
- Tour managers and group travel organisers
- Transport providers – airports, airlines, rail providers and ticket providers
- Hotel and accommodation providers
- UK tourist boards
ABTA Member/ABTA Partner rate* – £229 plus VAT
Non-Member rate – £349 plus VAT
Group booking discounts
Book three places and get 50% off the third place.
Book five places and get the fifth place free.
(This discount will be automatically applied when you book online).
*To qualify for the ABTA Member/Partner discount you must have a current ABTA Member/Partner number or your application must be in progress when the event takes place.
Non-Members are welcome to attend ABTA Conferences and Events. For information about becoming a Member click here.
View our booking terms and conditions here.
Super Break has been a short break specialist for 35 years. And we pour all that knowledge, experience and passion back into creating your perfect escape. It powers everything we do.
Choosing Super Break allows you to book every element of your trip in one simple place; 2-5 star hotels, rail travel, Eurostar, flights and mini-cruises, plus all the little extras that help make each break really special. From theatre tickets and events to sightseeing and attractions around the UK and overseas, we help tailor the entire package exactly how you want it.
Just like we have for over 1.5 million customers so far… with a proud 97% customer service rating on Feefo showing just how much we go the extra mile. So when you’re ready for your next much-needed escape, trust us to create a truly unique and unforgettable short break.”
Accord is the UK's leading travel marketing agency. Founded in 1988, we regularly work with over 150 clients operating in every sector of travel, tourism, hospitality and leisure. Everything we do is brilliantly joined-up, achieving real results by using the right channels, targeting the right audiences and developing the right strategy.
For details on how to promote your company via headline sponsorship, branding and exhibition, contact Matt Turton on 020 3693 0194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our commercial opportunities click here.