The ABTA-ATOL Joint Administration Scheme
The ABTA-ATOL Joint Administration Scheme (JAS) is another great benefit of ABTA membership.
The scheme is available to ABTA Members with estimated licensable turnover of £1.5m or less, and prospective and existing ATOL holders can benefit from the scheme.
Please note, the CAA will grant and issue the licence, ABTA will administer the application on behalf of its Members.
We found ABTA’s Membership team very approachable and helpful. They handled all the CAA administration for our ATOL application which saved us time and money.
Gordon Winrow, Director, Chartwell Travel
- Time saving: you only need to liaise with the ABTA membership team, we will contact the CAA on your behalf
- Cost savings: new ATOL holders save £405, existing ATOL holders save £205.
Cost of the scheme:
- ABTA-ATOL Joint Administration Scheme only applicable for a standard ATOL costs £710
- Plus 11.85pence per passenger seat charge, with a minimum of 501 seats
- The annual renewal fee is £495 (or £445 if paid by direct debit) plus 11.85 pence per passenger seat charge, with a minimum of 501 seats.
If you apply for a Small Business ATOL (SBA) directly with the CAA it will cost £1,115 with a renewal fee of £915.
- New ATOL holders: minimum £50,000 on initial grant generally reducing to nil over four years
- Existing ATOL holders: bonding remains the same as your current bonding levels.
- You also need to meet ABTA’s financial criteria as an agent or principal, details of which can be found under Membership Requirements for Travel Agents or Principals.
How to apply: