It’s always worth having a budget in mind when you go on holiday, that way you won’t return home with a hefty credit card statement waiting for you!
Here are some other tips for getting your holiday spending right…
- Only take the cards you intend to use.
- Tell your card provider that you’re going away. If you don’t, they could block your card as they may think it’s being used fraudulently.
- Note your credit card numbers and expiry dates and leave them with someone you trust at home.
- Take 24-hour emergency card cancellation phone numbers with you.
- Check that your type of credit card is valid where you’re going.
- Choose the local currency when you’re asked if you want charging in pounds or the local currency; you’ll get a better exchange rate.